A trained professional must make the determination for any waste that is generated in any of the following locations:
A laboratory before the waste material is removed from the laboratory.
Within 4 days of the waste arriving at a central accumulation area, and
Within 4 days of arriving at an on-site interim status or permitted treatment, storage or disposal facility.
If an eligible academic entity makes the hazardous waste determination, for unwanted material in the laboratory, it must comply with the following:
- A trained professional must make the hazardous waste determination, following the process outlined in (a) through (d), before the unwanted material is removed from the laboratory.
- If an unwanted material is a hazardous waste, the eligible academic entity must:
- Write the words “hazardous waste” on the container label that is affixed or attached to the container, before the hazardous waste may be removed from the laboratory; and
- Write the appropriate hazardous waste code(s) on the label that is associated with the container (or on the label that is affixed or attached to the container, if that is preferred) before the hazardous waste is transported off-site.
- Count the hazardous waste toward the eligible academic entity’s generator category, in the calendar month that the hazardous waste determination was made.
- A trained professional must accompany all hazardous waste that is transferred from the laboratory(ies) to an on-site central accumulation area or on-site interim status or permitted treatment, storage or disposal facility.
- When hazardous waste is removed from the laboratory:
- Large quantity generators and small quantity generators must ensure it is taken directly from the laboratory(ies) to an on-site central accumulation area, or on-site interim status or permitted treatment, storage or disposal facility, or transported off-site.
- Very small quantity generators must ensure it is taken directly from the laboratory(ies) to the appropriate transfer/disposal facility.
- Hazardous waste is subject to all applicable hazardous waste regulations when it is removed from the laboratory.
Hazardous Waste Management Software for Environmental Service Companies and Large Hazardous Waste Generators
IMEC’s hazardous waste management software is a cradle to grave hazardous waste tracking and management software solution that tracks waste from the point of creation to the point of disposal. Each item of waste is tracked even where there are multiple combinations or waste splits, shipping documentation can be produced to transport the waste from the site. The software can be implemented in a number of scenarios, including, a large hazardous waste generator, an environmental service company at a transfer or disposal site and within the customers of environmental service companies, to track and manage waste from each department within a facility.
The IMEC Mobile Safety App can also be used as a Fire Door Inspection App and with the Web based flexible Forms Manager the solution can be used as a Fire Door Inspection Software Solution also. Fire Door Inspection Software is used is large facilities with large quantities of Fire Doors like Hospitals, Universities and also Cruise Ships.
IMEC Technologies provides Safety Management Software to increase worker safety and aid compliance. IMEC’s Safety Management Software will manage inspections and audits, provides hazard identification, incident reporting, management of corrective and preventative actions from generation to closure. IMEC provides lock out tag out software solutions that will allow users to create lockout tagout procedures using an intuitive Mobile App and Manage Lockout Tagout Procedures, also the Review and Execution of those Lockout Tagout Procedures using the Mobile App. Annual Lockout Tagout Procedures audits are conducted using a Mobile App. The Mobile Inspection App allow users to perform inspections and audits, for example the system can be used as a Fire Extinguisher Barcode Inspection Software system to manage monthly fire extinguisher inspections and general fire safety inspections and also to record safety observations and manage corrective actions, anywhere and anytime. The solution can be used as a fire extinguisher barcode inspection software system or life safety inspection system to aid compliance in Higher Education, Healthcare, Industrial and Commercial Organizations. Benefits from a Fire Extinguisher Barcode System include the elimination of paperwork and reducing the burden of compliance with regulations such as NFPA, The Joint Commission. The Mobile App can also be used as a Fire Door Inspection App and with the flexible Forms Manager the solution can be used as a Fire Door Inspection Software Solution also. Fire Door Inspection Software is used is large facilities with large quantities of Fire Doors like Hospitals, Universities and also Cruise Ships. The Incident Reporting App allows users to easily and quickly report incidents, hazards and near-misses, these are then sent to the appropriate people for action and are managed to closure. Web Apps provide features such as, setup, management, scheduling tools, analysis, reporting and dashboards etc with the ability to report incidents to government bodies such as OSHA and RIDDOR. HazMat T&T is a hazardous waste management software solution designed for Environmental Service Companies and companies who generate a large quantity of hazardous waste. The solution tracks hazardous waste from cradle to grave aiding compliance, providing accurate waste inventory, increasing waste handling efficiency, reducing risk and also helps manage waste costs. HazMat T&T Hazardous Waste Management Software can be deployed in a number of deployment scenarios, from Large Hazardous Waste Generators, tracking their hazardous waste at their site to Environmental Service and Waste Management Companies using it track and manage hazardous waste at transfer and disposal sites. For more information visit our website www.imectechnologies.com